Sights to Be Seen: Greatest Road Trips with Dogs
Is there anything better than hitting the open road with the wind in your face and your favorite song on the radio? How about embarking on an epic road trip with your favorite canine companion? If you are looking for a great way to bond with your pup this summer, here are some of the greatest road trips with dogs to enjoy together:
Go Northwest, Young Human
If you want to experience scenery and terrain that’s much different than what we have in Bloomfield Hills, you might want to consider pointing your GPS West. Strap your dog safely into your car, stock your cooler with plenty of water and snacks, and get this road trip started. Here are some of the best pet-friendly stops as you drive toward the Pacific:
- Wyoming: Full of breathtaking beauty and plenty of great hikes, Wyoming is an ideal destination for your summer road trip. With parks like Bighorn National Forest, there are plenty of great spots to stretch your legs after a long drive.
- Montana: Another state known for its scenic beauty, Montana serves as an idyllic location for you and your dog to enjoy some outdoor fun. There are 20 peaks that reach 12,000 feet within the state’s borders, so be ready for some serious hiking.
- Oregon: Oregon is known equally for its beautiful views as it is for its dog-friendly shops and breweries. If you are feeling ambitious with your road trip, consider driving all the way to the Beaver State.
Greatest Road Trips with Dogs: Beach Edition
Imagine emerging from the car after a long drive and enjoying the sand between your toes as your dog runs along the shore. If you are looking for the perfect summer road trip, consider planning a trip to one of the following beaches:
- The Jersey Shore: Spanning 127 miles from Atlantic City to Cape may, the Jersey Shore has plenty of great beaches that create a fun destination for you and your dog. Whether you check out one or the whole shore, add this drive to your road trip bucket list.
- South Beach, Florida: If you want to be in the center of a bustling beach town, consider adding South Beach to your road trip plans. Full of colorful architecture, great weather year-round, and plenty of people watching, you and your dog will have a trip to remember at this Miami beach.
- Park Loop Road: If you prefer your beaches rocky, consider traveling to Maine’s Park Loop Road. With cooler temperatures than some of your other beach destinations, Maine’s beaches are ideal for travelers who don’t enjoy very hot weather.
Close-to-Home Road Trips with Dogs
If you want to enjoy a shorter car trip with your dog, consider spending a couple of days in some of our neighboring states. Here are some fun trips to take with your pup:
- Milwaukee: Why drive the whole way on your next road trip when you can break it up with a ferry ride? Drive to the shores of Lake Michigan and let the boat take you the rest of the way so you and your dog can relax together with a stunning view.
- Hocking Hills State Park: A short drive to Ohio will put you and your dog right in the center of this mystifying park that has waterfalls and caves. Spend the day exploring the natural wonders before packing up and heading back home.
- Chicago: Want to enjoy some big-city time with your pup? Pack up the car and head over to Chicago for a day of sightseeing, good eats, and adventures in city parks.
At OVRS, we want you and your pup to be able to make the most of your time together, whether it be road trips with your dogs or staying close to home. Our specialty veterinary services are here to keep your pets living their best lives. To learn more, please call (248) 334-6877.