The Coolest Pet-Friendly AirBnB Stays
Most pet owners want to bring their pets with them for vacations and other travel opportunities. This trend is why there is a demand for pet-friendly lodging that goes above and beyond your standard motels and hotels. The great news is that there’s many choices in lodging that welcomes your furriest pals along for the fun.
Oakland Veterinary Referral Services scouted out 8 of the best pet-friendly AirBnB stays for your vacay pleasure.
8 Great Pet-Friendly AirBnB Stays in the U.S.
Whether you are looking to stay in a yurt or a swanky mansion, there is something for everyone when it comes to AirBnB. We’ve compiled a few of our favorites from across the United States to help you narrow down some possibilities.
- Posh Guest Suite in Portland — If the city life is more your style, check out this comfy place in the city. Portland has some wonderful neighborhoods, shopping areas, and restaurants, and is also paw-friendly to boot. An added bonus is that you and your dog can take a quick walk to local Alberta Park.
- Pisgah Highlands Off-Grid Cabin — Looking to get away from it all with your pet? This off-grid cabin in North Carolina is for you. Only 25 miles from the trendy town of Asheville, you can enjoy some peace and quiet that only nature can provide. We highly recommend that you visit in the autumn to enjoy all of the colorful foliage.
- Dog Bark Inn B&B — Talk about a dog lover’s haven! This bed and breakfast is even shaped like a beagle. Located in Cottonwood, Idaho, the hosts go out of their way to make the place inviting to dogs, including dog-themed games and places to roam.
- Angels Landing A-Frame — If you want a truly spectacular view of Zion National Park, you’re in luck. This charming home has a convertible wall that opens up to let you glamp it up. Enjoy some fresh air, wonderful trails nearby, and a cozy place under the stars.
- Cozy Hideaway in Illinois — When you feel the need to escape in lush, welcoming woods, check out this gorgeous cabin. Located in Galena, IL, it features a hot tub and gas fireplace where you can curl up with your favorite book and kitty or pup and settle in for the night.
- Tennessee Treehouse — Have you ever dreamed of living in a treehouse? This is the next best thing! This mountain treehouse can be accessed by a suspension bridge and sleeps up to 4 guests, and is fur accommodating, too. This treehouse is one of three and sits on 30 acres of wooded land with beautiful views of the mountains. A great option for family vacations and group retreats.
- California Yurt Home — Located in the deep green forests of California, this sweet yurt sits above a ravine and features a salt water swimming pool. Near Green Valley, the yurt also has a wonderful firepit for your evening relaxation and a shared hot tub, as well as multiple trail access for hiking with your pooch.
- Converted Shipping Container in Ohio — If you want a unique experience in lodging, this converted shipping container is definitely one of a kind. Nestled in the forest along the Tuscarawas River, it offers a cozy queen-sized bed, pullout sofa, big deck for stargazing, and a hot tub. Explore the historic towns nearby, including antique stores and Amish-made goods with your pet companion.
Michigan and Other Pet-Friendly AirBnB Stays
Have you tried any great AirBnBs that are fur-friendly? We’d love your recommendations. Also, be sure to have your pet microchipped and fully vaccinated before taking to the road for the best vacation ever. If you’d like information on safely traveling with your pet, please ask us!