Santa Paws: Best Christmas Gifts for Dogs
‘Tis the season for giving gifts to loved ones. That includes buying gifts for the family dog. If you are searching for something new and fun for your bestie, we have 10 fantastic ideas for the best 2021 Christmas gifts for dogs. Oakland Veterinary Referral Services has compiled some of our faves for the New Year.
10 Best Christmas Gifts for Dogs
Dog toys, treats, and supplies are always in high demand. For the dog who has everything, these new gifts are sure to please.
- West Paw Hurley Bone — If your dog is a chewer and destroys most toys within minutes, then you’re in luck with this dog bone. Made from 100% recycled materials, this bone is virtually indestructible. Ranging from x-small to large, there is a bone for every sized doggo on your list.
- French Macaron Dog Treats — For the foodie in every dog, comes these cute and tasty authentic macarons for pups. Your dog doesn’t need to be French to enjoy the crème de la crème of dog treats. For a special after-dinner snack, this gift is pure luxury.
- Sherpa Dog Puffer Vest — On those cold winter nights, your dog needs something warm and toasty. This stylish sherpa vest will do the trick while remaining comfortable. This vest is great for the small dog on your list who has a harder time staying warm during Old Man Winter’s frosty nights.
- TRIXIE Activity Poker Box Dog Toy — There’s never any reason for dogs to lack mental enrichment, especially with so many challenging puzzles for dogs on the market these days. This poker box toy will keep your dog active and engaged as they work to open the puzzle.
- Acana High Protein Dog Biscuits — High energy and sporting dogs work off a lot of calories. These beef liver treats for medium to large dogs will satisfy any hungry hound after a walk or run. Not only are they tasty, they are also comprised of 85% protein.
- Wisdom Panel DNA Test for Dogs — Curious about your pet’s genetic makeup? You no longer have to be in the dark about their breed. Using a saliva sample, the test can determine the mix of breeds in your dog and alert you to any possible medical issues that those breeds are prone to develop, so you can keep your dog in good health.
- Farm Fresh Bacon Dog Treats — Everyone loves bacon, and your dog will love the taste, too. But instead of giving them actual bacon, which can hurt them, they can nosh down on these chewy sticks that are full of flavor, without the fat.
- PetSafe Automatic Ball Launcher — Keeping your dog in great health relies on providing them with enough exercise throughout the day. This automated ball launcher is suitable for small to large dogs and can throw the ball up to 7 feet away. When you can’t play fetch as much as you’d like to, you can still give your pet the incentive to play with this cool launcher.
- Barkbox Subscription — If you want to choose the gift that just keeps giving, a subscription to these monthly boxes is a perfect choice. Each month your dog will receive a personalized, themed box of toys and treats that will keep them busy for the month ahead.
- DIY Gifts — Gifts from the heart are often handmade. If you’re a baking pro, try your hand at homemade dog cookies and treats. If you like to build things, opt for a wooden platform for your pet’s bowls or an agility course for the backyard. Artsy-craftsy types can make quilts, toys, and other plush items. The ideas are endless! And it will be even more special because you made it for them.
We hope you have a long list for your precious pet. We’re sure your dog will have a very merry Christmas! If you have any questions about Christmas gifts for dogs, or have a pet emergency or specialty question, please call us.