Safe, Pet-Friendly Cleaning Products
There are some amazing options in pet-friendly cleaning products that promise less harsh, environmentally-friendly ingredients. Spring and summer are great times to do an overhaul of your home and garage. From getting rid of old belongings to washing windows, it is satisfying to see your home in great order. Unfortunately, many cleaning products on the market are unsafe for our furry loved ones.
Oakland Veterinary Referral Services has done the sleuthing and has a few safe but effective recommendations for our pet loving friends.
The Best Options in Pet-Friendly Cleaning Products
Household cleaners are one of the top sources of pet poisonings each year. The dilemma is how to get a clean house without using cleaning solutions. Since over 85 millions households have at least one pet, the good news is that many companies are jumping on the pet-friendly, eco-friendly cleaning bandwagon.
Here are excellent choices in pet-friendly cleaning products to give your home that extra shine.
- Clean + Green Carpet Cleaner and Odor Remover – Every pet owner needs a good quality carpet cleaner for those once-in-a-while accidents. To get rid of smelly odors and keep your carpets in good shape, this is the perfect pet-friendly product.
- Puracy Multi-purpose Cleaner – For tiles, counters, and other surfaces, this multipurpose cleaner does wonders. Not only does it smell great, it also keeps curious whiskers from becoming harmed by those other noxious cleaners.
- Method Squirt and Mop – Method is an environmentally-friendly and pet safe line of products that is also cruelty-free, meaning that they do not test on animals. This product does a good job of mopping up kitchen floors without posing any threat to your best friend.
- Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Tub and Tile Cleaner – One of the longest-running all natural cleaners, these products are based on the power of essential oils. Blended with natural and organic plants and flowers, they are a definite choice in all-around cleaning quality.
- White Distilled Vinegar – Not exactly a cleaning product, but white vinegar is one of the best cleaning solutions around. Use it for mopping floors and cleaning windows and mirrors, and many other household cleaning tasks. The smell will dissipate in no time, and will leave your home clean and pet safe.
- Common Good Plant Based Laundry Detergent – Common Good offers a wide variety of dish washing solutions to laundry soap. Not only is the detergent gentle on your fabrics, it is also gentle for our furry family members.
- Baking Soda – Another old standby that is gentle on the earth and animals is baking soda. Baking soda is a great choice for scrubbing tubs, sinks, and other hard to clean surfaces.
- Ecover Multi-Action Wipes – With antibacterial wipes a necessity these days, these wipes are indispensable. They are non-toxic, pet-friendly, and biodegradable, too.
What are some of your cherished pet-friendly cleaning products? When spring and summer cleaning is a must, there are easy steps you can take to make the process safer for your pet. If you would like more information on keeping toxins away from your bestie, please call us. Happy cleaning!