Veterinary Eye Care at OVRS
Oakland Veterinary Referral Services offers a full array of veterinary eye care services.
Pet Eye Problems
Ocular health is an important part of your pet’s overall quality of life; left untreated, eye diseases can lead to blindness and discomfort. Signs that your pet may be having problems with their eyes include:
- Red eyes
- Visual trouble such as bumping into objects
- Unwillingness to jump or climb
- Difficulty navigating in the dark
- A different appearance to your pet’s eye
- An overall behavior change
Diseases affecting the tissues around the eye including the eyelids, conjunctiva and the bones of the eye socket are also common among our four-legged furry companions.
Dogs and cats, just like people, can develop corneal ulcers, glaucoma, cataracts, and retinal detachment, all of which need treatment to ensure comfort and vision. Animals also have eyelid diseases that require treatment including congenital malformations, entropion (inward rolling of the eyelids), ectropion (outward rolling of the eyelids), eyelid tumors and traumatic injuries.
Veterinary Eye Care Expertise at OVRS
At OVRS, we pride ourselves on working alongside your primary care veterinarian to treat your pet’s eye disease. This involves referral of your pet for advanced ocular examination, diagnostics and/or surgical procedures.
We have the ability to perform a wide array of diagnostic and therapeutic eye care procedures for your pet, including:
- Electroretinography (ERG)
- Cataract surgery (phacoemulsification)
- Lens luxation surgery
- Intraocular lens implantation
- Diode laser surgery
- Cosmetic eye surgery
- Neoplasia diagnosis and treatment planning
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Corneal ulcer management
- Corneal injury repair
- Glaucoma treatment
- Therapeutic bandage contact lenses
- Prolapsed gland of the third eyelid repair
- Eyelid Reconstruction and mass removal
- Eyelid Filler injections for entropion
- Eye removal with intraorbital prosthesis
- Intrascleral prosthesis